[Gambas-user] Debug inside components

Benoit Minisini benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org
Mon Nov 21 13:32:49 CET 2022

Le 21/11/2022 à 08:16, BB a écrit :
> I, read "bruce" has a problem with this.
>
> I am trying to debug a local component made up of a gridview with added
> special sauces.
>
> I have a problem with my Sort routine inside it. But when I try to run
> it in step mode in a client project that uses "myGridView" I have to
> wade through 20 gazillion bits of the native classes before I can get to
> myGridView code.
>
> Is there any way I can run the project in the IDE and only pause when it
> gets to MyGridView.Sort()? I've tried loading the myGridView code in the
> IDE for the client project and setting a breakpoint but that didn't help.

You must check the "debug inside components" option in the IDE.

Then, while debugging, you must step inside any part of your component.

Then the IDE will ask you for the location of the source code project of
the component (mandatory).

If it is too difficult, you can use the STOP instruction somewhere in
your component to force the debugger to stop inside it.

Then you will be able to open any source file of the component from the
IDE and put any breakpoint where you want.

Note : this is not 100% reliable yet.

Benoît Minisini.