[Gambas-user] With (can we use it?)

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 13:42:54 CET 2022

On Thu, 10 Nov 2022 at 09:13, BB <adamnt42 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/11/22 10:59 am, Bruce Steers wrote:
> >
> > Aah sorry I meant with a function call.
> >
> > Like
> > Shell "command" With aEnvArray
> >
> > Funny as soon as I posted this I wondered if I even need it now as I
> > think I can use an optional arg instead 🙄
> >
> > Thanks anyway 😎
> > Respects
> > BruceS
> >
> I didn't think you could specify an environment for a Shell command?

Indeed you can :)

I thought it would make perfect sense to use it with something like
Form.Show()
Ie..
Form1.Show With Screen[1]

But then it occurred to me if i'm overriding the Show() method then i can
probably just put the arg inside the brackets.
Using With made grammatical sense , seemed like a good idea at the time.

Respects
BruceS