[Gambas-user] webform questions.

Benoit Minisini benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org
Tue Nov 8 18:41:16 CET 2022

Le 08/11/2022 à 18:03, Marco Ancillotti a écrit :
> Il 07/11/22 17:51, Marco Ancillotti ha scritto:
>
> Thank's to all for the answers !
>

> * For the first question if I understand well I have to:
>
> - Put a button and set it immediate = true
> - Convert my:
>
> /<form action=//"http://miohost/xxx/yyy.cgi"//method="GET"><input
> type="hidden" name="user" value="pippo"> //
> //<input type="hidden" name="pass" value="pluto"><button type="submit"
> formtarget="_blank"/>Open in new tab</button></form>/
>
> /to Javascript./
>
> - Create a button _click event where i run webform.exec(<javascript code
> as string>)
>
> is it right ?

Settings Immediate is not needed. It us faster in that case, as you
avoid one request with the server, but then you can't run any other code
(for example if you want to do some tests before opening the link).

> * For the Second question I can adapt my code to use
> WebTabPanel.Remove(Index As Integer) ,
> so I'm ok with that.
>

> * Another little question , how can I open a form on a new tab ?
>    I can have the need to use somethink like:
>
> /public sub button_click()//
> //     dim pluto as new myformxxx//
> //     pluto.data1 = "blabla"//
> //     pluto.data2 = "popipopi"//
> //     pluto.show() '<- in a new tab//
> //  end/
>
>    and open multiple form on multiple tab with different data.
>
> is it possible ?

No. With 'gb.web.gui' your application has only one page. Every other
form is opened in pseudo-windows (made with HTML) inside the unique page.

'gb.web.gui' mimics the desktop way of creating UI.

Benoît Minisini.