[Gambas-user] Automatic Startup

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 18:39:01 CET 2022

On 11/5/22 13:08, gian via User wrote:
> As I wrote in the help the program (as is) works only if the IDE is installed.

Gianluigi, I downloaded your app from the Farm and took a quick look at MMain.

I have to assume that your wife has her own computer. But, I am unsure of that as I do not recall you mentioning how you
transferred your program to her desktop. Anyway...

I do not understand why you are doing this:
Shell "cd " & Application.Path & " && gbc3 -agt && gba3 -v -o " &/ sPath &/ Application.Name & ".gambas" Wait

Why not simply make an installation package thereby letting Gambas determine and handle dependencies?

You could specify an extra file (Step 8) that could be a launch script to be placed in the system's autostart folder.

--
Lee