[Gambas-user] Automatic Startup

gian bagoneo at libero.it
Sat Nov 5 17:59:54 CET 2022

Il 05/11/22 16:55, Martin ha scritto:
> Hi GIanluigi.
> I create the package in Manjaro 21 XFCE then I install it.
> The menu entry was created well.
> At the first run appear the info dialog box to select the font then the
> clock not appear.
> At the seccond try it run fine, the clock works properly.
> https://imgur.com/SYY6dvo
>
> In my system, that I mention before, Manjaro XFCE, is possible add a
> start-up entry to run the program when the user login to the desktop.
> https://imgur.com/SaE4Xum
>
> Regards.
> Martin.

Hi Martin and folk,

First I want to thank everyone who participated in the discussion.
Unfortunately, and I don't know for what reason, some emails came late
and the discussion may seem surreal :-) it is nobody's fault.

Martin is right, it is easy to auto-start the programs we want, however,
it is also nice to know how it can be done through Gambas.

I installed qt5 (see image)
the program starts with the help window but when I give it the ok it
closes with this error:

lino at lin-VirtualBox:~$ mpddclock
/bin/sh: 1: gbc3: not found
/bin/sh: 1: /home/lino/.mpddclock/mpddclock.gambas: not found

rightly because the program did not create the .gambas file, the
.mpddclock folder is empty

When in doubt, I tried again with mpDDclock but nothing changes.

But launching the program from the Mint menu started the clock, the
alarm clock works, etc.

Thanks to this terminal response:
lino at lino-VirtualBox:~$ sudo find / -iname "mpddclock.gambas"
[sudo] password di lino:
find: ‘/run/user/1000/gvfs’: Permesso negato

and after re-reading more carefully what Prof. Tobias had written to
Bruce (was that what you wanted to talk about?) about gambas scripts, I
think I understand what is going on:

this command:

Shell "cd " & Application.Path & " && gbc3 -agt && gba3 -v -o " &/ sPath
&/ Application.Name & ".gambas" WaitShell "cd " & Application.Path & "
&& gbc3 -agt && gba3 -v -o " &/ sPath &/ Application.Name & ".gambas" Wait

does not create the .gambas application where indicated but creates a
temporary file that I believe can be copied (with the right permissions?).

I will continue to study but I think I am on the right path.

Again thanks to all

Regards

Gianluigi