[Gambas-user] Automatic Startup

Brian G brian at westwoodsvcs.com
Fri Nov 4 19:20:22 CET 2022

Sorry but why not just use a gambas script!

Develop the project using the ide, and then just use the scripter(gbs3) to create a script that can be run directly without all the fooling around....?

Just a thought

gbs3 -convert-project "path to project directory" "path to directory to store the script"

example
gbs3 --convert-project "~/myclock" "~/bin"

This created a gambas script called myclock.gbs in the ~/bin directory

so if ~/bin is in your path then run from prompt

$ myclock.gbs &

Or for example on mint use the startup app entry on the control panel.

"Failure is the key to success;
each mistake teaches us something" .. Morihei Ueshiba
Brian G