[Gambas-user] Automatic Startup

gian bagoneo at libero.it
Fri Nov 4 15:31:07 CET 2022

Hi Benoit, Bruce, Lee,

thank you very much for the help :-)

Il 04/11/22 11:12, Benoit Minisini ha scritto:
> I don't understand: you never need the IDE to run a Gambas executable.
> You just need the runtime.

then the error is either in my code or in the way I create the package.

If it is in the code, it is probably in this step:
Shell "cd " & Application.Path & " && gbc3 -agt && gba3 -v -o " &/ sPath
&/ Application.Name & ".gambas" Wait
I think it's possible that the compiler doesn't know Application.Path,
something about that I had read.

If it is in the way I create the package it is probably always because
of gbc3 and gba3 you need to indicate something to the compiler.

If you would like to take a look at the MMain code ... I would be very
grateful.

Note: For the packaging test, I compiled the code into a Mint-21 stable
and created the packages with that.
On VBox I added a Mint-21 without Gambas but with only the PPA repository.

You can see from the zipped images in this link:
https://paste.c-net.org/IncomingSolemnly

That the process is successful only the program does not start, I click
on it but nothing happens.

I apologize to everyone for the insistence but I would like to
understand, thanks

Regards
Gianluigi