[Gambas-user] Gambas and gmail

Manu mtitouinfo at yahoo.fr
Mon May 16 11:53:53 CEST 2022

hi,
  Gmail says it will stop support login plain authentication, for many
years. I laugh. Easy to verify.
[code]
openssl s_client -crlf -CApath /etc/ssl/certs -connect
smtp.gmail.com:587 -starttls smtp -ign_eof
ehlo foo.com
250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN XOAUTH2 PLAIN-CLIENTTOKEN OAUTHBEARER XOAUTH
[/code]
for imap
[code]
openssl s_client -crlf -CApath /etc/ssl/certs -connect
imap.gmail.com:993  -ign_eof
a1 capability
* CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UNSELECT IDLE NAMESPACE QUOTA ID XLIST CHILDREN
X-GM-EXT-1 XYZZY SASL-IR AUTH=XOAUTH2 AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=PLAIN-CLIENTTOKEN
AUTH=OAUTHBEARER AUTH=XOAUTH
[/code]
   In reality, everything depends on the context. For telnet/openssl
s_client, imapsync, scripts, you can continue with login plain text
authentication. Check GMail &
https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255
   About MUA as thunderbird, it's better to use XOAUTH2

I also notice that there is no official Gambas IMAP component. This is
very unfortunate.
Have a nice day. Manu.