[Gambas-user] Gambas and gmail

Tim Dickson dickson.tim at googlemail.com
Thu May 12 11:05:09 CEST 2022

i just now changed my thunderbird (windows) settings to oauth2 for
gmail, and it worked. I had to check mail, and do the "web login" for
pop access with oauth2 (and told it to stay logged in), and then sent a
test mail and did the "web login" again for smtp access with oauth2 (and
told it to stay logged in for that as well).
if i look at my saved passwords in thunderbird, I can see my normal pop
and imap (gmail account) password, and also there are 2 oauth passwords.
Interestingly one uses my full email address and is via http, and one
uses the part just before @googlemail.com and is via https.
now I can send and receive, and hopefully it will keep working past the
deadline date.
at least you now have a current anecdotal account of it working.

Benoît, you could try adding a new account to thunderbird, using your
existing gmail account details, but with oauth2. If it works with the
new one, and your emails are all there, then you can delete the old
account setting in thunderbird et voila, and if not, remove the new
account and at least there are no changes.

I know for some mailboxes I have had for ages, sometimes thunderbird can
get confused and not work as expected.
Alternatively, you could check your saved passwords, and if there are
any gmail oauth ones, then delete them, and thunderbird will go through
the procedure of creating them again.
regards ,Tim

https://www.avg.com