[Gambas-user] Program producing constant load

roberto.premoli at tiscali.it roberto.premoli at tiscali.it
Wed Mar 30 11:52:44 CEST 2022

Il 30.03.2022 10:54 Rolf-Werner Eilert ha scritto:

> For my office use, I made a remake of my calendar program.
>
> Everything running fine so far, but today I saw that when I have the
> program on the active screen, it produces a constant load of about 40
> %
> (the little faker on my desktop has 4 CPUs and Xosview says 1.3 with
> the
> calendar visible).
>
> top says gbr3 is sucking CPU, but of course no more information.
>
> So my question is, how can I find out what is going on within my
> program? Obviously, there is one event which is fired over and over
> again.
>
> Regards
> Rolf

hello,
to go directly to your question, i have not a precise answer but let
say this:

Maybe you have some "timer" that is triggered too much opten: maybe you
set the tick = 1 instead 1000.
because it is milliseconds and you want it to tick every second, you
must set it as 1000 and not 1.
This is a typical error i did i past, maybe you the same now.

hope this helps.
Roberto

Voucher MISE per P.IVA e PMI: fino a 2500€ per la Banda Ultralarga.
https://casa.tiscali.it/promo/?u=https://promozioni.tiscali.it/voucher_business/?r=TS00000A00025&dm=link&p=tiscali&utm_source=tiscali&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=voucherbusiness&wt_np=tiscali.link.footermail.voucherbusiness.btb..