[Gambas-user] Wrong variable type returning from PostgreSQL resultset

Gianluigi bagonergi at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 15:33:27 CET 2022

Il giorno dom 13 mar 2022 alle ore 13:49 Gianluigi <bagonergi at gmail.com> ha
scritto:

> Il giorno dom 13 mar 2022 alle ore 13:46 Gianluigi <bagonergi at gmail.com>
> ha scritto:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> You get the same error even if you write If rst2!id <= someInteger
>> Then... or rst2[id]... or If rst2["id"] <= cstr(someInteger) Then... ?
>>
>> Regards
>> Gianluigi
>>

> I forgot, comparing two strings is not the same as comparing two integers

Sorry Constantin,

my brain is now useless. The Ukrainian events don't help either....

I tried on the Master (bd3fa13) and it works, I did this:
I added a button to the test example

Public Sub Button1_Click()

  Dim rData As Result
  Dim hForm As FRequest

  rData = $hConn.Exec("SELECT * FROM test WHERE id = 12")
  If rData["id"] >= 6 Then
     Print "EUREKA"
  Else
    Print "BOOOH!"
  Endif
  rData = $hConn.Exec("SELECT * FROM test WHERE id = 12")
  hForm = New FRequest($hConn, rData)
  hForm.Show

End

Result the console writes EUREKA and the rquest window opens :-)

Regards
Gianluigi