[Gambas-user] Pre-release of Gambas 3.17.0 - Namespace Support

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Mon Mar 7 23:22:01 CET 2022

Am 07.03.22 um 20:16 schrieb Benoît Minisini:

> I removed the option from the IDE, because I think it can be a big
> source of confusion if the namespace is not explicit in each class.

Although I think I would only ever use a single namespace per library, I
imagine you are right.

But then we have to live with the fact that typos can also throw the
programmer into confusion:

"Export To Deganius"
vs
"Export To Degenius"

For me I would find a default namespace for a library convenient and
helpful. But i also think that we will be able to retrofit it when we
see that it is more practical later on.

Is the option still in the interpreter but 'hidden' in the IDE?

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--
Dies ist keine Signatur