[Gambas-user] Re window placement

Steve G simonlebon54 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 4 20:58:21 CET 2022

On 3/3/22 14:11, Steve G via User wrote:

Le 02/03/2022 ? 18:56, Steve G via User a ?crit?:

Sorry it took so long I was fighting covid and 6 feet of snow.

Details are Fedora 35 using gnome 41 and Gambas 3.16. Gtk two or three
same problem. Multiple monitor setup. Setting the top and left positions
of a window does not move the window. So simply put the following code
does not work.

In the form open

Me.top = 5
Me.left = 5

That is so simple as I can make the code yet the window will not go
where it belongs. In version 315 this worked perfectly fine.

Do you use Wayland? Please post the full system information returned by
the IDE corresponding menu entry.

Does it change anything if you use the Move() method instead of setting
the two properties one by one?

As requested the information is below I am using X not Wayland.
[System]
Gambas=3.16.2
OperatingSystem=Linux
Kernel=5.16.7-200.fc35.x86_64
Architecture=x86_64
Distribution=redhat Fedora release 35 (Thirty Five)
Desktop=GNOME
Font=Cantarell,11
Scale=8
Theme=adwaita
Language=en_US.UTF-8
Memory=11913M

[Libraries]

[Environment]

[snip]

It works as expected here on KDE Plasma with a single monitor using both Qt5 and GTK3 graphical components. Form.Move() also
works as expected.

BTW, do you have absolutely no libraries installed?

That's great that it works on a completely different system. But it seems to be multiple  monitor system that's really affected. And in the configuration I have it worked beautifully and flawlessly in the previous version. But in this version it is so screwed up I cannot put this out to anybody. The move does not work either by the way. Not sure if this makes a difference but the windows I am moving are child windows.

⁣Sent from TypeApp ​