[Gambas-user] JSON

Claus Dietrich claus.dietrich at freenet.de
Fri Jun 24 18:11:59 CEST 2022

Hi Benoit

Not knowing

a) whether a component is needed

b) which component is needed for which functionality

c) what dependency exists to other components

is happening to all Gambassers I guess.

Google and the wiki normally provides according hints

but wouldn't it be helpful to all, if we had an according

table which provides all needed information to work

with a class?

In the IDE we have a list of all components (about 100!)

and for each we can find

- a description about its function

- a list of classes it supports and

- a description of each class.

But this doesn't help if you want to know which component

is needed for a class. I am thinking of an alphabetic

list of classes which

- describes, what the class is good for,

- what component(s) is(are) needed and

- a description of the component's functionality

Since all information are in the IDE, can't the

IDE provide a kind of "Component-Selection-Help/Guide"?

Or can you automatically generate and maintain

a separate list?

Regards

Claus