[Gambas-user] Problem: can not uninstall/purge GAMBAS on Ubuntu 20.04

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 16:27:59 CEST 2022

You're welcome.

you should have the qt5 versions on ubuntu anything qt4 is not installed.
if you still want to upgrade gambas there is compilation/autotools method.
run the following commands in a terminal.....

git clone --depth=1 https://gitlab.com/gambas/gambas.git --branch=stable
$HOME/gambas-stable
cd $HOME/gambas-stable
apt-get update && DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt-get install -y
build-essential g++ automake autoconf libtool libbz2-dev libzstd-dev
libmysqlclient-dev unixodbc-dev libpq-dev libsqlite0-dev libsqlite3-dev
libglib2.0-dev libgtk2.0-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev libgtkglext1-dev
libpcre3-dev libsdl-sound1.2-dev libsdl-mixer1.2-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev
libxml2-dev libxslt1-dev librsvg2-dev libpoppler-dev libpoppler-private-dev
libpoppler-glib-dev libpoppler-cpp-dev libasound2-dev libdirectfb-dev
libxtst-dev libffi-dev libglew-dev libimlib2-dev libv4l-dev
libsdl-ttf2.0-dev libgdk-pixbuf2.0-dev linux-libc-dev libgstreamer1.0-dev
libgstreamer-plugins-base1.0-dev libcairo2-dev libgsl-dev libncurses5-dev
libgmime-2.6-dev llvm-dev llvm libalure-dev libgmp-dev libgtk-3-dev
libsdl2-dev libsdl2-mixer-dev libsdl2-ttf-dev libsdl2-image-dev sane-utils
libdumb1-dev libssl-dev libqt5opengl5-dev libqt5svg5-dev libqt5webkit5-dev
libqt5x11extras5-dev qtbase5-dev qtwebengine5-dev libwebkit2gtk-4.0-dev git
./reconf-all
./configure -C -q --disable-keyring --disable-qt4
make -j$(nproc)

# If all has gone well uninstall old gambas and install update
sudo apt-get remove "gambas3*"
sudo make install