[Gambas-user] Problem: can not uninstall/purge GAMBAS on Ubuntu 20.04

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 15:35:44 CEST 2022

On Thu, 16 Jun 2022 at 12:58, Peter Kostrz <peter.kostrz at cofex.ch> wrote:

> Hello
>
> Made a mistake and added ambas PPA in UBUNTU 20.04 - after an update nothing worked anymore. Then I saw that I have not to use ppa update in 20.04
> Uninstall does not work It fails when calling gambas3-runtime (new 3.17.90 searched, but 3.14.3 found). fix broken does not work, remove and clean does not as well
>
> udo apt remove gambas3
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> You might want to run 'apt --fix-broken install' to correct these.
>  gambas3-dev : Depends: gambas3-dev-tools but it is not going to be installed

I would try the following...

# remove PPAs

sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:gambas-team/gambas-daily
sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:gambas-team/gambas3

# Purge all of gambas3

sudo apt-get purge --fix-broken gambas3*

# update apt and reinstall

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install gambas3*

# you might want to run apt-get update before using purge command

BruceS