[Gambas-user] Label control

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 01:00:30 CEST 2022

Have a look at Paint.TrimText
https://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb.qt4/paint/trimtext

Works something like this (may need a tweak)...

Public TrimText(ctrl as control, txt as string, length as integer) As String
Dim sOut As string
Dim iPos As integer = 1

While sOut <> txt
  sOut &= Mid(txt, iPos, 1)
  If ctrl.Font.TextWidth(sOut & "...") > length Then Return sOut &"..."
  Inc iPos
Wend

Return sOut

End