[Gambas-user] Debian bullseye backport of gambas3 is needed

Martin mbelmonte at belmotek.net
Mon Jun 13 21:18:26 CEST 2022

El 13/6/22 a las 18:13, Benoit Minisini escribió:
> Aren't contacts written in the package, or on the debian package web site?
Yes, there in the package site [1] are 4 email addresses.
Debian Gambas Team (QA Page)
Ian Haywood (QA Page)
Bastian Germann (QA Page)
José L. Redrejo Rodríguez (QA Page)

ok, so if no one on the list has contact with any of the debian package
maintainers I will write to them and see if I have any luck.
It's just that if in the stable branch there was a backport of gambas3
from the testing branch (12 Bookworm) that would mean we could install
from the repositories all the gambas packages and the native components
and we could also install the deb packages generated with the IDE of our
own programs, without getting errors when trying to install component
packages.

This message is motivated because when trying to deploy a web
application, made with webforms in IDE 3.17.2, on a stable debian server
(11 Bullseye) this is not possible by installing the web application
package, maybe it is possible by installing gambas3 from the sources
(3.17.2) on the server and then copying the .gambas executable in the
/var/www/webapplication directory or wherever it needs to go.
Webforms is in Gambas3 version 3.17.2 but that version is not in debian
11 which is where a web page would be deployed in practice right? seems
like the uncertainty principle.

I am trying to gather all the information needed to create and deploy a
web app (webforms) with gambas but I am not succeeding at the moment.
Everything is in the spanish forum [2] if anyone wants to take a look or
comment something.

[1] https://packages.debian.org/stable/gambas3
[2] https://gambas-es.org/showthread.php?tid=605

Sorry for the long mail :-).