[Gambas-user] Webform - changes to form not updated in browser

Benoit Minisini benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org
Thu Jun 9 22:37:52 CEST 2022

Le 09/06/2022 à 19:20, Rolf-Werner Eilert a écrit :
> Am 09.06.22 um 19:04 schrieb Yves Cloutier:
>> Hello, i'm trying the webform. But if i make changes, nothing happens
>> when i run the program and the browser is launched.
>>
>> For example, i have a label with text "hello world".
>>
>> I run, browser opens and i see hello world.
>>
>> If i change the text to bye world, and run again, browser opens, but
>> still says hello world rather than bye world.
>>
>> I suspect something really simple but need some tips.
>>

>> ----[ http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette ]----
>
> I don't have a solution, but I had the same problem here. Purely by
> coincidence I found that when an error occurs and you stop the program,
> close the tab and start over, then the new form will appear.
>
> Regards
> Rolf

With 'gb.web.gui', each session is a process, and is identified by a
cookie on the browser.

If you don't remove the cookie by hand on the browser, or the cookie
"database" on the server (located in a temporary directory inside
'/tmp'), the application won't update.

I usually close all browser windows and tabs before running a project
again after something have been modified.

The solution would be creating a custom browser with a WebView control
just for debugging the 'gb.web.gui' programs. I will think about that.

Benoît Minisini.