[Gambas-user] Any possible way to level up?

bb adamnt42 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 11:19:18 CEST 2022

On Fri, 2022-06-03 at 09:10 +0100, Bruce Steers wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Jun 2022 at 08:14, Bruce Steers <bsteers4 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Is there ANY possible way to get a gambas program to raise it's su
> > privilages after launch?
> >
> > I have a program doing some copy/move/delete commands that may or
> > may not
> > be in root only accessible locations.
> >
> > I don't want to force the app to be run as root but would be handy
> > if it
> > could get su privileges once run if needed.
> >

> ----[ http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette ]----
Ah grasshopper,
The sheer idea of a (any) program being able to up itself into the
priveleged regime conflicts with the general truths imposed by the
universe itsef.
Only through self recognition and self denial shall thou discover the
way.
(p.s. I've been reading a lot of zen Bhuddism lately... What is the
sound of one program crapping?)