[Gambas-user] Error 500 with web app gb-web-gui

Benoit Minisini benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org
Thu Jun 2 10:00:15 CEST 2022

Le 01/06/2022 à 20:13, alarch at alarch.pw a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with the gb-web-gui component. I wanted to test this
> component so I made a small cgi application and I installed it on a web
> server configured with apache, in the cgi directory. As it didn't work
> I thought that may app had a proble, so I compiled the hello word page
> provided by the IDE when you choose a web application with a form.
> Still no display.
>
> So I decided to make a simple command line project which just includes
> :
>
> ' Gambas module file
>
> Public Sub Main()
>
> Print "Content-type: text/html;charset=utf-8"
> Print "Content-Length: 383"
> Print ""
> Print "<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC \"-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN\"
> \"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd\">" Print "<html
> xmlns=\"http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml\"
> xmlns:v=\"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml\">"
>
> Print "<head>  <meta http-equiv=\"content-type\" content=\"text/html;
> charset=utf-8\">  <meta http-equiv=\"X-UA-Compatible\"
> content=\"IE=edge\"></head >"
>
> Print "<body>"
> Print "<h1>Une simple page</h1>"
> Print "<p>avec un pauvre petit texte</p>"
> Print "</body>"
>
> End

It's 'gb.web' that is "PHP like".

The 'gb.web.gui' component is another beast, even if it's still a CGI
script for the HTTP server: it handle sessions with sub-processes, so
you must be sure that the CGI script is run under a user that can do all
that.

I don't know the default configuration of Apache enough, so I can't tell
you more at the moment.

Benoît Minisini.