[Gambas-user] Error 500 with web app gb-web-gui

alarch at alarch.pw alarch at alarch.pw
Wed Jun 1 20:13:34 CEST 2022

Hi,

I have a problem with the gb-web-gui component. I wanted to test this
component so I made a small cgi application and I installed it on a web
server configured with apache, in the cgi directory. As it didn't work
I thought that may app had a proble, so I compiled the hello word page
provided by the IDE when you choose a web application with a form.
Still no display.

So I decided to make a simple command line project which just includes
:

' Gambas module file

Public Sub Main()

Print "Content-type: text/html;charset=utf-8"
Print "Content-Length: 383"
Print ""
Print "<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC \"-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN\"
\"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd\">" Print "<html
xmlns=\"http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml\"
xmlns:v=\"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml\">"

Print "<head>  <meta http-equiv=\"content-type\" content=\"text/html;
charset=utf-8\">  <meta http-equiv=\"X-UA-Compatible\"
content=\"IE=edge\"></head >"

Print "<body>"
Print "<h1>Une simple page</h1>"
Print "<p>avec un pauvre petit texte</p>"
Print "</body>"

End

I compiled it in test.gambas, and there with curl or my browser the
html is displayed. Same with a perl or bash script.

In the apache logs I see for the other projects (depending on whether
the gb-signal module is installed or not) errors like this:

End of script output before headers:
or
AH01220: Timeout waiting for output from CGI script
or
Script timed out before returning headers:

This reminds me of errors in php when we leave for example a space at
the beginning of the script before the <?php.

My workstation, as well as my server are under Ubuntu 20.04 with the
gambas 3.17.2 version of the ppa and the installed modules are the
following:

gambas3-dev
gambas3-dev-tools
gambas3-gb-args
gambas3-gb-compress
gambas3-gb-compress-zlib
gambas3-gb-crypt
gambas3-gb-db
gambas3-gb-db-mysql
gambas3-gb-db-odbc
gambas3-gb-db-sqlite3
gambas3-gb-inotify
gambas3-gb-libxml
gambas3-gb-logging
gambas3-gb-markdown
gambas3-gb-memcached
gambas3-gb-mysql
gambas3-gb-net
gambas3-gb-net-curl
gambas3-gb-net-smtp
gambas3-gb-openssl
gambas3-gb-pcre
gambas3-gb-settings
gambas3-gb-signal
gambas3-gb-util
gambas3-gb-util-web
gambas3-gb-web
gambas3-gb-web-gui
gambas3-gb-xml
gambas3-gb-xml-html
gambas3-gb-xml-rpc
gambas3-gb-xml-xslt
gambas3-runtime
gambas3-scripter

would there be a module installed that would conflict with gb-web-gui?