[Gambas-user] gb.web.gui and Canvas

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 22:22:02 CEST 2022

On Sun, 31 Jul 2022 at 20:59, Benoit Minisini <
benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org> wrote:

> Le 31/07/2022 à 21:44, Bruce Steers a écrit :
> > Anything been considered with html Canvas?
> > https://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_canvas.asp
> > <https://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_canvas.asp>
> >
> > Looks like some kind of WebPaint.class could be added to gb.web.gui.
> >
> > Respects
> > BruceS
> >

> Yep. The difficulty is keeping the state of the canvas on the server.

Dang, i was thinking of a brand new era of hand draw controls.. :)

I guess small image data could work using gb.image serverside and just keep
painting it onto canvas. (i guess image data can be sent somehow from
server and not just loaded from a file refresh)

An initial Image maker i guess is easy enough to use gb.image to save a
on-the-fly made image to server for page to read.

gonna look into canvas though and see what i can accomplish :)
(fancy sharing any test sources ?)

Respects
BruceS