[Gambas-user] Supped up the WebAudio.class

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 11:33:41 CEST 2022

On Thu, 28 Jul 2022 at 09:41, Benoit Minisini <
benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org> wrote:

> Le 28/07/2022 à 10:28, Benoit Minisini a écrit :
> > Le 28/07/2022 à 01:23, Bruce Steers a écrit :
> >>
> >>   How about a hidden event and use it for passing the data and firing
> >> required event?
> >>

> > Nope.
> >
> > You must send the 'Position' property from the browser to the server by
> > using:

> > Where <id> is the id of the control, <property> the name of the
> > property, and <value> its value.
> >
> > Then you handle that message on the server in the '_UpdateProperty'
> > hidden method of the control.
> >
> > Look at the source code of 'WebTextBox' to see how the 'Text' property
> > is updated when the text changes on the browser.
> >
> > Once you have updated the property, you can raise the 'Position' event.
> >
> > Regards,
> >

> Note that you have a WebControl '_GetUpdateJS()' method that generates
> for you the HTML code that calls 'gw.update' when a specific DOM event
> is triggered.
>
> See again WebTextBox '_Render()' method for an example.

Thanks Ben, I've implemented the gw.update() + _UpdateProperty() method and
it's sooo much better,
the page objects were flickering during play before but now it's looking
nice and clean, i guess for the above mentioned refreshing reasons

Also now i can get rid of the Observer as no longer needed.

Many thanks for the pointers :)
Am currently rebuilding and checking out gb.media MediaPlayer for guidance
:)

Respects
BruceS