[Gambas-user] Read data from localstorage in gb.web.gui

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 18:14:20 CEST 2022

On Sat, 23 Jul 2022 at 17:04, Safiur Rahman <isafiur at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I think that if localstorage could be used in gambas then data on the
> client can be uploaded to server without selecting file.
> I can read data from cookies using Request.Cookies[]. Unfortunately cookie
> can store data upto 4 KB only. Is there any gambas way to read data from
> localStorage (which can store data upto 5 MB)

But it's not possible.
all local stuff happens in the browser, beit firefox/chrome/Edge/etc. they
do not even have gambas.
the gambas stuff can only happen on the server then the html/javascript
data is sent for your browser to read.
All the browser can do is html/Javascript.

gb.web.gui (although i've only just started to learn it) seems to be one
big gambas to html/javascript converter.
all the gambas forms/objects/events/etc are converted to html/javascript
code then sent from server to client.  technically nothing gambas happens
client side (locally).

you can use a javascript routine locally to upload to a writable folder on
your server then refresh the page set to read said data.

Respects
BruceS