[Gambas-user] WebView html source code?

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 11:25:06 CEST 2022

On Sat, 23 Jul 2022 at 10:07, Benoit Minisini <
benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org> wrote:

> Le 23/07/2022 à 10:58, Bruce Steers a écrit :
> >
> > I disagree.  Clearly i can now view the page source using the internal
> > browser  ;)
> >
> > I want to be able to view the source of the app i'm debugging in the
> > internal browser because it helps when debugging.
> > Yes firefox has many great options to debug unlike the internal browser
> > that is the most simplest a viewer can be but if i just want to inspect
> > the source quickly it'd be good for some possibility
> > Often firefox is already running in the background so i then have to
> > close all my windows to debug with firefox.
> > plus with internal browser it's faster and i don't get repeatedly asked
> > for a profile even though i select "dont ask next time"
> >
> > Another option would be to add something like "print to stdout" as an
> > option of the list of browsers to use. then the combobox on the designer
> > used to change browser could be used to temporarily disable it but keep
> > the combobox visible.
> >
> > BruceS
> >

> I don't understand the need to see the HTML source code. It won't tell
> you a lot as all the page is modified by AJAX request at each event. You
> have to use the browser debugger tools to see the current HTML displayed.
>
> Regards,

I find it useful for things like
seeing a WebTextBox name has :entry after it.
checking for errors in the html code

I think for learning purposes it tells me quite a bit.
ajax may alter the page (yes i didn't know that) but the initial code
output must be what the server initially reads too.

It's a crying shame the WebView doesn't do view source :(
I've been searching around and it seems there may be ways.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47501369/getting-html-source-using-webkit2

Respects
BruceS