[Gambas-user] WebView html source code?

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 22:01:33 CEST 2022

On 7/22/22 13:48, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> Le 22/07/2022 à 18:25, Bruce Steers a écrit :
>> Would it take much for a new WebView method or property to get the source code?
>>
>> a Method like
>> WebView1.GetSource() As String
>> or
>> WebView1.GetHtml() As String
>>
>> ora read property (or even read/write)
>> sSource = WebView1.Source
>> or
>> sSource = WebView1.Html
>>

>> I really want to add an option to my gambas debug browser to read the source.
>> Much respect
>> BruceS
>>

> Alas, AFAIK, this is not supported by WebKitGTK.

I would like something like that as well.

Both gb.gtk3.webview and gb.qt5.webview say they embed the Chromium browser. I recall that qt5-webkit had that property. It
would seem that the Chromium browser should at least have a 'view source' function. But then, I am not versed in how the
embedding works.

--
Lee