[Gambas-user] Text Area Cursor stops blinking and...

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 14:22:50 CEST 2022

On Mon, 18 Jul 2022 at 21:40, T Lee Davidson <t.lee.davidson at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 7/18/22 15:46, sbungay wrote:
> >    With the ability to drop text files onto the text area now working as
> expected, thank you Bruce Steers, I notice that after
> > it has loaded a file the text cursor stops blinking. It is still there,
> you can click on a spot and when you type the text shows
> > up where you clicked, ther is just no visual indicator as to where it
> is. Not a show-stopper for me, but it could be for someone
> > else.
>
> Hmm, this is rather weird. It behaves differently if you use the
> TextArea's Drag event. Try this in place of our original Drop
> event handler:
>
> Public Sub TextArea1_Drag()
>      Stop Event
>      TextArea1.Text = File.Load(Drag.Data)
>      TextArea1.SetFocus
> End

that can't be right though, drag fires on enter.

It is a weird glitch.

I noticed when trying to manually re-set the cursor image that the cursor
is actually still there at EOF
Even though the text position where you write changes where you click and
types there the cursor image remains at EOF,

BruceS