[Gambas-user] File Chooser Drag and Drop

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 16:56:05 CEST 2022

On Sun, 17 Jul 2022 at 15:27, Stephen Bungay <
SoftwareDevelopment at smartsonsite.com> wrote:

> I gave up on the file chooser, sorry, it's just not up to the task. Then
> again GAMBAS may no longer be up to the task as even the TextArea is not
> working according to the rules of causality. For example, using the file
> manager a text file can be dropped on the text area. The file name gets
> pasted into the text area, the "change" event fires, but the "drop"
> event does NOT fire?! How does THAT work? Moreover why is it allowed to
> work? When something is dropped on a control and that drop effects a
> change then the "drop" event must fire before the "change" event.
>
> Things appear to have strayed somewhat from first principals.

Gambas is sooooo up to the task :)
I think you just need to get your head around a big difference between
gambas and things like say visual basic,
vb has large teams of professional coders/debuggers/testers all working for
micro$oft for a tidy penny.

Gambas has Benoit 😇, and us 🙄 😂
Ben is awesome at finding the bugs once reported but he's a busy chap and
gambas is a MASSIVE project to maintain so you may find bugs lurking in the
shadows.
It's cool, once reported the bugs soon go splat, and thanks for letting us
know :)
Wishing well
BruceS