[Gambas-user] File Chooser Drag and Drop

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 10:58:02 CEST 2022

On Sun, 17 Jul 2022 at 03:28, sbungay <sbungay at smartsonsite.com> wrote:

>    Using the file chooser I want to drag one of the files from it
> (represented by its icon) to a text area and on dropping it have the
> text area load the file. Can't seem to get this to work, anyone have an
> example project I can examine?

I just did this...
https://gitlab.com/bsteers4/gambas/-/commit/51330ea23b08922593741daba56789e820329ca3

Now i can turn on Dragging of file paths/names in DirChooser and
FileChooser.

The bad news is the Choosers are not so easy to import as they use various
different class files from gb.form
Also i've only supported dragging/dropping the text as text/plain.
Not sure if it helps you?  You can see the code needed but you'll have to
figure out how to import the Choosers into your own project.

BruceS