[Gambas-user] Menu editor changed

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 16:38:03 CEST 2022

On Wed, 13 Jul 2022 at 15:27, Bruce Steers <bsteers4 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Jul 2022 at 13:11, Dag JNJ <gambas at cd-bahia.com> wrote:

>> > Can you post a screenshot with the theme that make the shortcut combo
>> > not visible, and one with the theme that makes it visible? (Beware
>> > with the attachment size limit of the mailing-list!).
>> >
>> > Thanks.
>> >
>> > Here they are
>>

> By the way you can manually set any menu shortcut using it's Shortcut
> property.
> Eg..
> MenuSave.Shortcut = "Ctrl+S"
> MenuSaveAs.Shortcut = "Ctrl+A"
>
> also increasing your appearance's Application font by 1px can make some
> controls show properly with the not so great themes,

Also , gambas IDE can run using either GTK toolkit or QT (by default it
uses gtk)

this command from a terminal (or create a launcher) will run the IDE with
QT5
env GB_GUI=gb.qt5 gambas3

you will probably find the bug is a gtk toolkit specific thing and if you
use qt5 it will probably be okay.
or vice versa if you normally use qt

also if you drag the gambas3 menu icon into a panel when you right click it
it will give options to choose toolkit.