[Gambas-user] Menu editor changed

web158p10 gambas at cd-bahia.com
Tue Jul 12 18:40:43 CEST 2022

Am 2022-07-12 03:45, schrieb T Lee Davidson:
> On 7/11/22 19:24, Dag JNJ wrote:
>> Hi all.
>>
>> I had to use the menu-editor today for the first time since a while,
>> and noticed at once it has changed. I stumbled over a problem though:
>> Unable to set a shortcut.  I can click on the control-keys, but it
>> does not take a letter. I often use Ctrl+S for save, but no way right
>> now. Tried every combination I could imagine, from S to Ctrl+S, left
>> mouse key right mouse key. It seems to miss a field for the input. Any
>> ideas?
>>
>> Thanks in advance, Dag JNJ
>>
>> Ubuntu Mate 20.04
>>
>> Gambas 3.17.2
>>

> There was a brief discussion about this a while back. It is quite
> likely the same issue.
> https://lists.gambas-basic.org/pipermail/user/2022-April/075806.html
>
> You may need to change your desktop theme.
>
> The Shortcut Key configuration should look similar to the attached pic.

Now I have been through all available desktop-themes. Not one showwd me
the dropdown box. That means for me obviously thaat I can't use
shortcuts anymore. That's no good news, as  I program very much to avoid
using mouse - typing in tons of data. Now I have toave the keybardd,
klick on save and ack to keyboard. he old system eas practicable,. Never
touich a running system!
I looked as that link, the thread ends with: Thiis must be your issue,
what ist not really helpful.