[Gambas-user] options to kill a process started via SHELL

KKing kicking177 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 13:00:09 CEST 2022

> Get the process object returned by SHELL or EXEC, then create a timer
> that triggers you couple of seconds later, kill the process in the timer
> event handler, and stop the timer as you don't need it anymore.
I did get it working by

within the one subroutine,
1. getting the process object
2. invoking another SHELL for a CURL to trap the data I wanted (which is
usually called via timer)
3. then killed the process object.

Occasionally the response from the CURL is not as expected, and to get
back as desired I seemingly need to launch firefox which was what I want
to kill after doing.

that was my second attempt.

I initially had at top level of the class
Public $hProcess as Process

Then in a "start" subroutine get the $hProcess which within that
subroutine $hProcess.State returned 1 (running) and I started the timer.
But when Timer1_Timer kicked in it always said $Process was not running
(yet what it had invoked clearly was still running).
Is that a bug or I crafted that poorly?
The timer code is checking response of the CURL and if not as expected
it needs to launch firefox again, curl it, and kill that firefox.