[Gambas-user] list of git repositories

bb adamnt42 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 20:06:41 CEST 2022

On Wed, 2022-07-06 at 18:53 +0100, Bruce Steers wrote:

> > we would need a start point i guess. for repository based community
> > progs/mods/comps/stuff. some kind of settings file that could be
> > checked
> > for in the repository and contain various details/tags about what
> > it
> > is/does/needs/etc
> > Once that is established we could probably all start working on our
> > own
> > importers.
> >

> Hmm thinking about it the farm applications probably already have
> this info.
>

> BruceS
>

> ----[ http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette ]----
Believe it or not I just had EXACTLY the same thought!

But neglecting git for a moment. What repositories, regardless of
whatever, could be required? IOW, what/where would people prefer to
expose and share their code?

* the Farm
* gitlab/git(the other one)
* GambasOne?
* their own site
* etc
others?
formats?

We need to think in terms of both types of stakeholders - code
seekosaurs and code donatosaurs!

The farm is good-ish but IMO it's a lot easier for donatosaurs to
provide and hide goodies than it is for the seekosaurs (scavenging b*s
that we are!) to find them.

Must have a free text search!