[Gambas-user] Args help , most other places is -?

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 13:04:22 CEST 2022

On Thu, 30 Jun 2022 at 13:21, Benoit Minisini <
benoit.minisini at gambas-basic.org> wrote:

> Le 30/06/2022 à 02:21, Bruce Steers a écrit :
> >
> > Fair point. Now I'm thinking harder I can't think of any other reason
> > myself other than -?
> > Maybe I could make it check for -? With a property?
> Args.QuestionMarkIsHelp
>
> Just let the user handle both cases if he wants, and implement both
> options in the default help management.

Problem was what if the user wants to use -? for help and -h for something
else?  It was impossible as Args uses -h if you want it to or not there was
no choice.
Last commit i removed the HelpShortName property that let you change the
help short name and replaced it for a simpler NoHelp property.

Is that more acceptable?
If Args.NoHelp = True then neither -h or --help is used and you can then
enter what ever you like manually.

Respects
BruceS