[Gambas-user] Right-to-left support in GTK OR QT

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 00:37:47 CET 2022

Le 23/01/2022 à 12:20, Mayost Sharon a écrit :
> Hello
>
> I installed the version:
> Gambas 3 version on / trunk
> On Mint
> As he suggested to me: Bruce Steers
>
> I created a new GTK + 3 project
> I put on a form: a combobox control
> I set the Direction property=RightToLeft
> And the control still remains from left to right:

It should be fixed by commit
https://gitlab.com/gambas/gambas/-/commit/1a05e73d1a5ded33757d50ec77d9e073c525348d.

> 1. If I write text "1234" it is still written close to the left

It's complex. The text edition controls follow the language of each
character for text direction, i.e. they support mixing ltr and rtl
languages.

> 2. Even the control itself is still visible as left to right because I see the button of the combo box is on the right side and not on the left side

This should have been fixed by the commit above.

> I enclose an example of what it looks like in HTML

Why don't you post a screenshot instead?

--
Benoît Minisini