[Gambas-user] I added "External Tools" to my gambas :)

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 15:05:47 CET 2022

On Sat, 22 Jan 2022 at 21:11, Benoît Minisini <g4mba5 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Le 22/01/2022 à 21:43, Bruce Steers a écrit :
> > Any interest Ben?
> > Here''s my branch (cleaned up)
> > https://gitlab.com/bsteers4/gambas/-/tree/External-Tools
> > <https://gitlab.com/bsteers4/gambas/-/tree/External-Tools>
> >
> > modifications to your code are minimal, just adding the menus and hiding
> > tools when not on a text editing window.
> > CExternalTools.class and FExternalTools.class/form do the rest.
> >
> > Here it is in action launching my code sorter...
> > https://bws.org.uk/gambas-screens/screenrecord-2022-01-22_19.49.51.mp4
> > <https://bws.org.uk/gambas-screens/screenrecord-2022-01-22_19.49.51.mp4>
> >
> > I'm sure how i've implemented it is terrible in the "how it should be
> > done" and quite possible in "the way i have done it" ways  🙄
> > I had an issue setting up the shortcut Ctrl+Alt+E ,  it works on QT but
> > not gtk3 so I must be doing something wrong.
> >
> > could this be merge worthy or is it just too much of a hack?  (i can
> > take the truth :) )
> >
> > Wishing Well
> > BruceS
> >

> > ----[ http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette ]----
> >

> I will look at it and I tell you.

Thanks Ben, I know you are a busy man.
(i fixed the menu shortcut issue, it was because the parent menu also has
the shortcut if no children are added, just needed to remove the shortcut
from the parent if it makes child menus, QT didn't mind but to be fair it
was lazy of me not to do it anyway)

The feature is already becoming useful for me.

I just added clipboard options to it, now I have added a script to select
something like...
*Settings["MycheckValue"] = cbxMyValue.Value*
and spin it around and copy it to the clipboard so i can pop up to
Form_Open and paste...

*cbxMyValue.Value = Settings["MycheckValue"]*

(been wanting something like that for a while, every time i'm writing my
options code)

Aah the possibilities are endless :)

Respects
BruceS