[Gambas-user] Right-to-left support in GTK OR QT

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 21:53:19 CET 2022

On Sat, 22 Jan 2022 at 20:25, Mayost Sharon <sharon at 455.co.il> wrote:

> Hello
>
> Do you have a recommendation for distribution that will be able to compile
> the source without difficulty
>
> I always use Fedora on a regular basis
> And I remember that in the past it was very difficult to compile the
> original because each time something was missing in Fedora

Hi, is the Fedora Latest list here...
http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/install/fedora#t10  not okay?

it lists these dependencies for Fedora...

dnf install -y libtool libtool-ltdl-devel gcc make autoconf dumb-devel
gmime-devel gmime30-devel libffi-devel mariadb-devel postgresql-devel
unixODBC-devel sqlite2-devel libsqlite3x-devel libxslt-devel
libv4l-devel glew-devel poppler-devel poppler-glib-devel
poppler-cpp-devel qt-devel qt5-qtbase-devel qt5-qtbase-private-devel
qt5-qtwebengine-devel qt5-qtx11extras-devel qt5-qtsvg-devel
SDL_ttf-devel SDL_mixer-devel SDL-devel SDL2_ttf-devel
SDL2_mixer-devel SDL2_image-devel SDL2-devel cairo-devel gtk2-devel
gtk3-devel imlib2-devel librsvg2-devel qt-webkit-devel qt5-qtwebkit
qt5-qtwebkit-devel openal-soft-devel libjpeg-turbo-devel
gtkglext-devel gmp-devel libxml2-devel libXtst-devel gsl-devel
pcre-devel dbus-devel libcurl-devel alure-devel gstreamermm-devel
libgnome-keyring-devel bzip2-devel libzstd-devel webkit2gtk3-devel
ncurses-devel

one of my applications could automate the task for you...
http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/installtools

I have not tested on fedora lately but i have tested them as working on
fedora before.
for a simple upgrade i'd recommend Gambas_Simple_Upgrader or if the gambas
application does not work try the bash script.

All the best
BruceS

Ubuntu/Mint are the easiest as you can simply use the PPA method and add
the launchpad repository to an ubuntu based system.
see here...
http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/install/ubuntu#t3   (Gambas 3 version on /trunk)