[Gambas-user] develop for pinephone: windows exceeds the screen size

roberto.premoli at tiscali.it roberto.premoli at tiscali.it
Mon Jan 17 07:03:07 CET 2022

Il 16.01.2022 21:02 Benoît Minisini ha scritto:

> Le 16/01/2022 à 12:30, roberto.premoli at tiscali.it [1]a écrit :
>
>> Hi all, here the situation. hardware: pinephone distro: mobian
>> (debian
>> bookworm) gambas: 3.16.2-whatever (the last available release
>> updated
>> yesterday) gambas starts correctly but the initial window (and also
>> "tip of the day" advise) is too much larger than display (720x1440)
>> so
>> it make impossible to reach the menu because it "fall" outside the
>> left
>> border of menu: in short, the left, right, top and bottom border of
>> the
>> window "falls" ouside the phisical border of the screen. It will be
>> nice - say better: necessary - that the initial screen detect the
>> size
>> of display and resize to not exceed his size. My wish goal is to
>> develop directly on pinephone using keyboard and mouse connected to
>> the
>> "docking station" of pinephone. I know it is uncofortable but at
>> least
>> it garantee me i can develop everywere i am without the need of a
>> external screen and/or a vnc connection. More, it garantee me that
>> the
>> final program will act as espected (font size, ecc). Thanks. Roberto
>
> Yes, Gambas was not designed to run on such small screens.
>
> I'm currently thinking about the implementation of "distant debugging
> through ssh", so that you can develop on a desktop PC, and run /
> debug
> your program directly on the PinePhone through ssh.
>
> Regards,
>
> -- Benoît Minisini ----[ http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/doc/netiquette
> [2]

Mr Minisini,

I think it will be better (if it does not mean to much code effort on
your side)
to make gambas's window "resizable" to auto addapt to screen's size.
Never the less, everything that make me possible to use my preferred
IDE on
pinephone is wellcomed. So I wait for that ssh implementation: do you
have already
a schedule about the implementation of that feature?

Merci,
Roberto

Con Tiscali Mobile Smart 70 hai 70 GB in 4G, minuti illimitati e 100
SMS a soli 7,99€ al mese http://tisca.li/Smart70