[Gambas-user] Keeping a menu open?

Cristiano Guadagnino criguada at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 13:26:46 CET 2022

Il giorno sab 15 gen 2022 alle ore 22:59 Cristiano Guadagnino <
criguada at gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Il giorno sab 15 gen 2022 alle ore 22:11 Bruce Steers <bsteers4 at gmail.com>
> ha scritto:
>
>> I had time..
>> It's not so easy.
>>

> Thank you for taking the time, Bruce.
> I'll study your example and I'll report back to you.

Thank you once more Bruce, your work around is very interesting. I had the
same idea but did not succeed in implementing it.
The problem is that my menu is a sub-submenu, and it is attached to a tray
icon. I was not able to make your example work in these conditions. As I
said earlier, the Hide event is not triggered.

I even tried embedding a Listbox/Listview control in a submenu, but - since
the Menu object is not a container - it is not possible.

I'll try to come up with a different UI for the program, one that will not
disorient my old users too much.

However, I have a proposal for Benoit: when a menu is created with all
children of type Toggle, and all toggles are joined into one (or more)
control group(s), do not close the menu upon clicking on a toggle. Do you
think it may be a sensible choice? In this case the menu should be closed
by clicking elsewhere or pressing ESC.

Cris