[Gambas-user] Message.Question default button changed?

Rolf-Werner Eilert rwe-sse at osnanet.de
Wed Jan 12 16:45:09 CET 2022

Am 12.01.22 um 16:24 schrieb Gianluigi:

> Il giorno mer 12 gen 2022 alle ore 16:20 Cristiano Guadagnino
> <criguada at gmail.com <mailto:criguada at gmail.com>> ha scritto:
>
>     Il giorno mer 12 gen 2022 alle ore 16:04 Rolf-Werner Eilert
>     <rwe-sse at osnanet.de <mailto:rwe-sse at osnanet.de>> ha scritto:
>

>         As far as I can remember, the buttons would default on the first
>         one in
>         the row. There is no indication in the help.
>

>     Actually, there is: https://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb.qt4/message
>     <https://gambaswiki.org/wiki/comp/gb.qt4/message>
>     It says "The last button is always assumed to be the cancel and the
>     default button".
>     I don't know if this has changed recently, it's been like this since
>     I remember looking at it.
>
>     Cris
>

> No, it changed recently and I don't like it at all, but that's how it
> was decided by the boss :-P
>
> Regards
> Gianluigi

Aargh - so I was right.

Benoit, please change it back, it means I have to rearrange all my
message boxes. Otherwise I would have to reverse polarity of my fingers :-)

CANCEL IS NEVER THE DEFAULT - and it hasn't been in any GUI I have ever
known for 30 years. When used to key operation, every user would expect
Return to be on "OK", "YES", "Save" or whatever, and Esc on "Cancel",
"No", "Abort".

If you want to keep it, why not offer a Boolean which changes the order
so the programmer can choose?

The only way to save me here would be making my own message dialog which
sets the first button to Default and the second one to Cancel.

Regards
Rolf