[Gambas-user] Poppler PDF fitting in DocumentView

Gianluigi bagonergi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 10:42:05 CET 2022

Il giorno mer 12 gen 2022 alle ore 10:27 Rolf-Werner Eilert <
rwe-sse at osnanet.de> ha scritto:

> This is not the point here, Gianluigi.
>
> I tried the example with the ImageView as well. Same thing here.
>
> Of course it is possible to adapt the view to the image, but trying to
> show the image in a smaller scale will just cut it.
>
> I need this function to show a PDF in a collection of files, i. e. you
> have a dialog with a list of items you click on, and a preview will show
> its contents. So the preview area is of a fixed size, and the PDFs shown
> have to be scaled so they fit into it completely. In my case, the
> preview area even is square so it can show landscape PDFs as well.
>
> The old version of this is with gb.PDF, just four lines do it:
>
>    PDF.Open(druck.TempVerz() &/ CStr(VorschauName) & ".pdf")
>    PDF.Zoom = 0.5
>    Abbild = PDF[VorschauSeite].Image.Picture
>    Vorschau.Picture = Abbild
>
> I thought I could work with .Zoom in Poppler too, but it doesn't run
> like expected.
>
> Regards
> Rolf

Apologizes, I had the doubt that I didn't understand the question (often
happens to me).
View this documentation if you can help you.
https://www.gambas-it.org/wiki/index.php?title=Codice_essenziale_per_mostrare_un_file_PDF

https://www.gambas-it.org/wiki/index.php?title=Convertire_una_pagina_di_un_file_PDF_in_una_immagine_con_le_risorse_del_Componente_gb.poppler
At this moment I have no time to look at your project

Regards
Gianluigi