[Gambas-user] "Me.Persistent = True" does not work?

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 02:31:07 CET 2022

On 1/11/22 18:54, bb wrote:
> On Tue, 2022-01-11 at 13:42 -0500, T Lee Davidson wrote:
>>

>> Is the Doc accurate and more clear now?
>> http://gambaswiki.org/edit/comp/gb.qt4/window/persistent
>>

> "GUI applications automatically quit when the only visible window is
> closed whether or not it is set Persistent."
>
> This is not necessarily true. The application will automatically close
> (N.B. not quit) when the event loop is inactive. See
> http://gambaswiki.org/edit/cat/eventloop

I don't see on that page where it says the application will automatically close when the event loop is inactive.

Regarding the use of the word "quit", I used Benoît's wording but changed "open window" to "visible window" since Gianluigi's
example showed that to be the case (ie. two windows were open, but only one was visible).

If you think there's a better way to say it, please feel free to change it.

--
Lee