[Gambas-user] Help: After update to latest version IDE and some apps don't start

Rolf-Werner Eilert rwe-sse at osnanet.de
Sat Jan 8 15:19:58 CET 2022

After an update to the latest Gambas version, I still can start SOME of
the Gambas applications. The Gambas IDE itself as well as some of the
other applications don't start anymore.

When starting via terminal, I get this:

$ gambas3
Speicherzugriffsfehler (Speicherabzug geschrieben)

This is under Ubuntu 18 and Mate. Maybe some inconsistency in GTK+?

I have no chance of going to Ubuntu 20 yet, so should I go back to an
older Gambas version? And if so, how would I do this?

I use the version from the Gambas Team repo I think. It has installed a
lot of updates for Gambas, but as the IDE doesn't start, I cannot say
what exactly was installed.

Thanks for your help!

Rolf