[Gambas-user] Color.TooltipBackground ain't quite right

Benoît Minisini g4mba5 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 10:28:16 CET 2022

Le 02/01/2022 à 22:21, Bruce Steers a écrit :

> On Sun, 2 Jan 2022 at 21:19, Bruce Steers <bsteers4 at gmail.com
> <mailto:bsteers4 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Something is flawed with Color.TooltipBackground and
>     TooltipForeground being writeable.
>
>     I noticed it does not change actual tooltip bg and fg if you set it
>     but it does change the colour for Baloon() messages.
>
>     So if i set Color.TooltipBackground = Color.Yellow
>     then reading it will say it's yellow
>
>     but in reality only the Balloon() popups are yellow, object tooltips
>     in the app are still the same as the system tooltip colors.
>
>     i think there should be read/write Color.BalloonBackground and
>     Color.BalloonForeground
>     and if actual tooltip colors cannot be set then it should be
>     readonly to preserve the accuracy.
>

> Or of course make it actually effect Tooltip colors :)
>
> Respects
> BruceS

It's because there is no reliable way to change the system colors with
GTK+3 (this is what we name "progress" I guess).

So setting the system color properties has no actual effect outside of
controls written in Gambas.

It would be possible in Qt, but I want to keep the same behaviour in all
GUI components.

Benoît Minisini