[Gambas-user] Image.Save method How to specify the DPI?

Gianluigi bagonergi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 16:51:37 CET 2022

Il giorno lun 21 feb 2022 alle ore 16:28 Martin Belmonte <
mbelmonte at belmotek.net> ha scritto:

> El 21/2/22 a las 16:10, Bruce Steers escribió:
> > So why would you need it?
> I am debugging (rewriting, hehe) a program, of course in gambas, that I
> made some years ago and that serves to convert a PDF file or a directory
> of tiff images (that ScannTailor generates) into an EPUB and the image
> of the book cover must have certain DPI, 96 to be precise. then the
> image setup is done with gimp and I wanted to save this step by doing it
> directly in gambas.
> So this is, more or less, the subject.
> Martin.

Do not confuse DPI with PPI by changing the ppi we do not change the weight
of the file but the size !
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixel_density

See also the many lessons of vuott:
https://www.gambas-it.org/wiki/index.php?title=Guide_della_comunit%C3%A0#Gestione_delle_immagini_e_dei_colori