[Gambas-user] Gambas called by Apache does not respect LANG?

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at deganius.de
Sun Feb 20 16:43:28 CET 2022

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with Gambas 3.16.3. I'm playing around with a Gambas
program called from an Apache webserver via CGI.

It contains this piece of code:

With Response
    .ContentType = "text/plain; charset=utf-8"
    .Begin
    Print Env["LANG"] & " " & Format(Date(2000, 7, 1), "mmmm")
    .End
End With

which outputs the content of the $LANG environment variable and the
formatted string of the month 'July'.

But even though Apache started the program with the env variable $LANG
set to 'de_DE.UTF-8' it prints wrong:

'de_DE.UTF-8 July'

instead of the correct

'de_DE.UTF-8 Juli'

What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--
Dies ist keine Signatur