[Gambas-user] "Force bytecode version" in project property

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 15:50:24 CET 2022

On Fri, 18 Feb 2022 at 14:25, Gianluigi <bagonergi at gmail.com> wrote:

> The "Force bytecode version" in project property,
> I suppose it is for "trying" to compile on old versions of Gambas3.
> Is it possible to explain to a newbie how it does it?
>
> Thank you & regards

It is for when running the application.

Trying to run a compiled 3.16 application with gambas 3.15 will by default
raise a "Bytecode error"

setting the Env GB_PCODE_VERSION = 3.15 would fix that.

In the form editor it seems the Env page has gone so you cannot set
GB_PCODE_VERSION there now, there is an option on the Project properties
page to Force bytecode version.

It's just that :)

Respects
BruceS