[Gambas-user] Gambas on Haiku?

Admin admin at allunix.ru
Fri Feb 18 14:34:53 CET 2022

Haiku would finally become an OS, if Gambas would be ported to it. But
it hardly will ever happen. I'm not an authority here, but I can imagine
at least two blocking things to it:
1. Gambas is desparetly Linux-specific (don't wanna use the word
"dependant" here, but might as well) so that it does not even normally
compile on very close unix systems such as BSD (now it totally does, but
damn I had to wait too many years for it so I still think so)
2. It's not impossible to port it to Haiku, but it would take so much
effort to do so, that it would basically be totally different
programming software wich just happens to have the same syntax in the
end. Which means the support for it would just be saparate work for
Benoit, doubling what he already does with Gambas, and I doubt he wants
or even can afford that.

Dmitry.