[Gambas-user] WebView - How to show images?

T Lee Davidson t.lee.davidson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 18:56:10 CET 2022

On 2/17/22 05:32, Bruce Steers wrote:
> I tried your code and found this...
>
> With GTk i was clueless as to why its not working.
>
> With QT i got this error message...
> *js: Not allowed to load local resource: file:///tmp/Asymmetricwave2.png*
>
> Can't seem to enable it
>
> And used the above code so have not used any JS as far as i can see, it must be internal.
>
> BruceS

I don't get *any* errors with that same code.

The results of "Print WebSettings[WebSettings.LocalContentCanAccessFileUrls]" are:
GTK3: False
Qt5: True

But, setting that to True appears to have no effect on the behavior of either toolkit in this context.

Using GTK3, a right-click on the empty image container allows me to copy the image address. And, a generic image (from where, I
have no idea) shows up in my clipboard [attached].

Using Qt5, a right-click on the empty image container brings up a page-context menu, not an image-context menu.

--
Lee